Disclaimer: Don't judge us too quickly! We've made some intentional typos and grammatical errors in this job post. See our "When You Apply" section for more info.
Harvest is an independent software company making tools that help businesses run more smoothly. For the past 13 years, our customers have relied on our products as a critical part of their day-to-day operations. They’re the reason we’re still in business and we owe it to them to deliver legendary support, delivered by our Harvest Experts: wicked-smart human being, empathetic problem-solvers, and patient troubleshooters.
The Harvest team started as a team of 3 and grew slowly to today’s current total of 55 lovely faces. Though we have an office in NYC, we hire the best people for the job no matter where they may call home. We work hard to make sure everyone feels included and heard. And we offer great benefits, including a profit-sharing bonus, a generous vacation policy, and much more.
What’s the Job, and Why Is It So Gosh-Darned Great?
As an Expert, you’ll spend your days helping our customers make the most of their time by getting the most out of our products. We’re the heroes on the frontline and have a deep understanding of our products and our customers. You’ll also be a critical partner to our developers to help them understand where customers are having issues. To deliver the fast, comprehensive, and personal support our customers expect (and deserve), you’ll need to be thoughtful, curious, and a real stickler for details.
There’s more below on the nitty-gritty of the role, but here’s the short version:
- You’ll love this job if you are energetically curious and delighted to help others.
- We’ll love you if your a quick learner who’s also enthusiastic, kind, and so reliable that we can set our watches by how regularly you kick ass.
Not to brag, ahem, but this is a really awesome, full-time job. The benefits are great, the working arrangements are flexible, and your coworkers are all crazy-smart and kind.
Who should apply?
You don’t need a background in tech. You just need to be kind, curious, and a crazy-good writer. What makes our team great are the unique experiences and perspectives each of us brings to the table. Our customers aren’t all the same, so why should we be? If your empathy muscles are strong and your comma splice game is locked down, you belong here.
One more thing, and this is a big deal: if you are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented and disadvantaged in tech (and society generally, tbh), please know that we welcome your application with open and enthusiastically-waving arms. We want to meet you!
And while we’re on the topic, if you don’t celebrate people’s differences and don’t value the contributions of those who don’t look, sound, or act like you, Harvest isn’t going to be a good fit. When we come to work, we bring our full selves because that contributes to both the vibrancy and richness of our team. So if you want to work here, you should be actively excited about working with a group of people who strive to be inclusive.
What will your life be like? (SPOILERS: pretty great, but not always a piece of cake)
- You’ll learn the ins and outs of Harvest, Harvest Forecast, and are associated apps and integrations through our intensive training program. You’ll become a true Harvest expert (see what we did there?).
- You’ll answer email questions and phone calls for the vast majority of your day. That’s the job, mostly. We maintain an industry-leading average response time, with an emphasis on quality rather than quantity of tickets resolved. It’s troubleshooting, bug investigation, teaching, and occasional therapy (“I believe in you!”).
- You’ll work alongside our developers to figure out thorny problems, and you’ll help our customers through those tricky periods when things don’t work quite right.
- You’ll build our customer base by using your presentation skills to host webinars for and answer questions from prospective Harvest customers.
- Once you’ve mastered the software and can answer tickets like a pro (or should we say—like an expert. Gosh, it never gets old!), you’ll have the opportunity to pursue support-related projects on the Expert Team. There are plenty of projects to keep your juices flowing—whether you’re interested in writing documentation, making handy GIFs, or trying something totally new, there’s room to explore!
- You’ll be a great human person, and treat our customers with sincerity, kindness, and respect. You’ll create new ways to impress, delight, and surprise them!
- You’ll share your favorite GIFs of dogs doing stuff in Slack. And kittens. And trash pandas...
- You’re an exceptional communicator and you treat people kindly. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain, even the most complex problems. Listening, talking, and working with people makes you happy.
- Your writing skills are flawless. We mean it. You must have a savvy style and a firm grip on grammar.
- You’re a hard worker with a history of getting things done carefully and efficiently. You’re thorough—no detail go unnoticed.
- You’re self-motivated, but also enjoy contributing to a team.
- You can de-escalate a tense situation with ease and grace—working through a tough issue or bug with an upset customer not only doesn’t scare you, it’s a challenge you’re eager to take on.
- You don’t mind doing the same thing most days. You’re also comfortable jumping onto a side project when the occasion arises and aren’t scared to tackle the new and unknown.
- You’re patient and enjoy solving tough problems, and you find helping people fix those problems rewarding.
- You are able to work full-time, Monday-Friday for one of two shifts:
- 8am - 4pm EST
- 11am - 7pm EST (8am - 4pm PST, 9am - 5pm MST, 10am - 6pm CST)
When You Apply
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you you’d make a great Harvest Expert.
- Let us know what working hours you are able to commit to (and in what timezone).
- You’re awesome and can work anywhere… why Harvest?
- Harvest HQ is home to a record player. What album would you contribute to our vinyl collection?
- We made six grammatical mistakes or typos in this job post. Be sure to let us know what they are!
Please apply by March 8, 2019 for consideration in this round of hiring.