Disclaimer: Don't judge us too quickly! We've made some intentional typos in this job post. See our "When You Apply" section for more info.
Harvest is an independent software company making tools that help businesses run more smoothly. For the past 11 years, our customers have relied on our products as a critical part of their day-to-day operations. They’re the reason we’re still in business and we owe it to them to deliver legendary support, delivered by our Harvest Experts: wicked-smart human being, empathetic problem-solvers, and patient troubleshooters.
The Harvest team started as a team of 3 and grew slowly to today’s current total of 51 lovely faces. Though we have an office in NYC, we hire the best people for the job no matter where they may call home. We’ve been working as a remote team since the beginning and we work hard to make sure everyone feels included and heard.
What You'll Do
- Learn the ins and outs of Harvest, Harvest Forecast, and are associated apps and integrations.
- Answer 20 to 50 customer emails and 10 to 15 phone calls per day.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in Harvest and help developers diagnose bugs.
- Host webinars for and answer questions from prospective Harvest customers.
- Get involved in interesting and challenging support-related projects. Existing projects include writing documentation for our Help Center and streamlining the feedback loop between customers and our Product and Marketing teams, but we're not limited to these—we want to find the place your unique skill set and our needs intersect!
- Treat our customers with sincerity, kindness, and respect, and think of new ways to impress, delight, and surprise them.
- You’re patient and enjoy solving tough problems. You take pride in explaining and helping others understand problems and solutions.
- You’re an exceptional communicator and you treat people kindly. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain, even the most complex problems. Listening, talking, and working with people makes you happy.
- Your writing skills are flawless. We mean it. You must have a savvy style and a firm grip on grammar.
- You can de-escalate a tense situation with ease and grace—working through a tough issue or bug with an upset customer not only doesn’t scare you, it’s a challenge you’re eager to take on.
- You’re a hard worker with a history of getting things done carefully and efficiently. You’re thorough—no detail go unnoticed. You’re self-motivated, but also enjoy contributing to a team.
- You have the ability to switch gears quickly and readjust your focus appropriately.
- You don’t mind doing the same thing from day to day. You’re also comfortable jumping onto a side project when the occasion arises and aren’t scared to tackle the new and unknown.
- Your workday overlaps mornings on the east coast (9am-12pm EST).
When You Apply
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you you’d make a great Harvest Expert.
- You’re awesome and can work anywhere… why Harvest?
- Some of us love coffee, some of us love tea. Where do you stand?
- We made five grammatical mistakes in this job post. Be sure to let us know what they are.