Who We Are
Harvest is an independent software company funded the old fashion way: paying customers. We provide products to help businesses work smarter. For the past 11 years, our customers have relied on our products as a critical part of their day-to-day operations. From small creative agencies to household brands, we are proud to serve over 50,000 businesses around the world.
Harvest began as a team of 3 and grew slowly to today’s total of over 50 lovely faces. Though we have an office in NYC, we hire the right people for the job no matter where they call home. We’ve worked as a remote team since the beginning, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels included and heard.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our small but growing product design team at Harvest.
Harvest is committed to building a more diverse and inclusive company.
What You Will Do
- Lead projects from idea to production. Product Designers at Harvest lead the charge on customer-facing projects. You will work directly with small teams of developers to make ideas happen. You’ll support your team, oversee the timeline, and collaborate across teams in order to do your best work.
- Research customer needs. To make informed decisions, you’ll rely on a mix of data and customer conversations. You recognize that the most important thing in research is to ask ourselves (and our customers) the right questions.
- Clearly define and articulate problems and why they're worth solving. You know there’s no glory in coming up with the perfect solution to the wrong problem, so you’ll do the work to make sure the problem is properly framed and clearly defined for your teammates.
- Design interactions, workflows, and interface copy to solve real problems for the Harvest user. You’ll strike a balance between the ultimate solution and shipping quickly with smart scope management.
- Participate in product and design discussions. Your input will be sought by other Product Designers and Leadership on design solutions, ways to improve our work as a team, and ideas for product roadmaps.
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- You have excellent communication skills, with passion and ability to collaborate with your teammates through written communication. (This is especially important as most of your teammates will be working remotely)
- You have a track record for crafting effective and compelling user experiences for desktop or mobile
- You are known for your discipline, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- You have a rough idea of the technical effort associated with your design solutions
When You Apply
Be sure to let us know about these couple things in your cover letter:
- Tell us why working at Harvest is appealing to you and why you think you’ll be a good fit.
- Tell us about a project you’re proud of and why you’re proud of it. Include links if you have them!
While we won’t be able to reply to every application, we’ll definitely get in touch with next steps if we think you’ll be a great fit.