Harvest Expert (NYC)
Disclaimer: Don't judge us too quickly! We've made some intentional typos in this job post. See our "When You Apply" section for more info.
Harvest is an independent software company making tools that help businesses run more smoothly. For the past 11 years, our customers have relied on our products as a critical part of their day-to-day operations. They’re the reason we’re still in business and we owe it to them to deliver legendary support, delivered by our Harvest Experts: wicked-smart human being, empathetic problem-solvers, and patient trouble-shooters.
The Harvest team started as a team of 3 and grew slowly to today’s current total of 51 lovely faces. Most of our team works remotely, but we're looking to add a new face to the crew working from our HQ, located in the Flatiron district of NYC. We've got fresh fruit, a lively lunch culture, and a standing desk calling your name.
What You'll Do
- Learn the ins and outs of Harvest, Harvest Forecast, and are associated apps and integrations.
- Answer 20 to 50 customer emails and 10 to 15 phone calls per day.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in Harvest and help developers diagnose bugs.
- Host webinars for and answer questions from prospective Harvest customers.
- Create lively and creative written and video documentation for Harvests Help Center, and keep this documentation up-to-date.
- Participate in product development by sharing customer feedback and your unique perspective as a Harvest Expert.
- Treat our customers with sincerity, kindness, and respect, and think of new ways to impress, delight, and surprise them.
- You’re patient and enjoy solving tough problems. You take pride in explaining and helping others understand problems and solutions.
- You’re an exceptional communicator and you treat people kindly. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain, even the most complex problems. Listening, talking, and working with people makes you happy.
- Your writing skills are flawless. We mean it. You must have a savvy style and a firm grip on grammar.
- You can de-escalate a tense situation with ease and grace—working through a tough issue or bug with an upset customer not only doesn’t scare you, it’s a challenge you’re eager to take on.
- You’re a hard worker with a history of getting things done carefully and efficiently. You’re thorough—no detail go unnoticed. You’re self motivated, but also enjoy contributing to a team.
- You have the ability to switch gears quickly and readjust your focus appropriately.
- You don’t mind doing the same thing from day to day. You’re also comfortable jumping onto a side project when the occasion arises and aren’t scared to tackle the new and unknown.
- You're happy starting your workday at 9am.
When You Apply
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you you’d make a great Harvest Expert.
- You’re awesome and can work anywhere… why Harvest?
- Some of us love coffee, some of us love tea. Where do you stand?
- We made a few grammatical mistakes in this job post. Be sure to let us know what they are.